Why Should You Care About The Environment?
Simply put, because we only have 1 planet to live on, so we need to cherish and save the environment. There is nowhere else to go once earth is destroyed. I’m not sure about you but I would not want to travel through outer space to get to another planet.
But if you need a list … here you go
- It’s where you eat, sleep, breathe and spend 100% of your living days. Toxic environments are a cause for a magnitude of health problems
- We are not the only animals on this planet but humans are majorly responsible for the destruction going on.
- Two words: GLOBAL WARMING
- THINK OF THE BEES. I know you watched Bee movie and understand what the loss of bees will do to life
- What kind of world do you want your great grandchildren living in? Personally, I enjoy beaches, diving beautiful coral reefs, enjoying the snow, and the gorgeous greenery that encompasses the world.
5 Simple Ecofriendly Changes You Can Make
SINGLE USE PLASTIC
The main thing that comes to mind when I think about destruction of the land and ocean is single use plastic. I will be writing a complete blog posts on changes you can make but PLEASE ELIMINATE SINGLE USE PLASTIC OUT OF YOUR ROUTINE. Think of the turtles.
Public transportation cuts down on the emission from all the vehicles on the road. Some of us, including me, do not live in a city where public transportation is the norm and accessible. However, if you are going to the same location with multiple people consider carpooling. Is the location close? Use the two legs you were blessed with and take a walk. You kill two birds with one stone: help save the planet and get your workout for the day in.
ELIMINATE TRASH USAGE & RECYCLE
A lot of the garbage that ends up in the landfill can actually be recycled. Also, consider rejecting any information you can receive electronically versus on paper which will just end up in the trash if you forget to recycle. Almost everything can be received electronically these days.
USE ALL-NATURAL HOUSEHOLD CLEANSERS
Eliminating the chemicals used in your household will also positively help the planet. Lots of natural cleansers can be used with common household items including: vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice, water which can also save you money in the long run.
*Look out for future blog posts on DIY household cleansers and my favorite brands of store bought natural cleansers*
Don’t leave the water running while waiting to hop in the shower. Don’t do laundry until you have a complete load, same for dishes. Cut back on how much you water your lawn or consider investing in fake grass which will save you even more money in the end as well.
Want to see what your carbon footprint is and areas you can improve? Head on over to carbonfootprint.com and press calculate.